To finish off this series we are going to visit the bedroom closet (insert horror movie theme music). So often closed closet doors hide a jumble of clothes, shoes, purses, and belts. I mean, seriously, how many times have you bought a new black dress only to find your perfectly good old one later in a heap in the corner of your dark closet?
Picking your outfits, shopping, and accessorizing can all be much easier with a well organized closet, plus you’ll be able to actually enjoy your possessions! To help you tame your closet here are some organizing tips:
1. Use the inside of your door. Add curtain rods and hang your scarves. As a bonus, use shower curtain rings with clips to hang gloves and hats.
2. Hang baskets on the wall to hold clutches, wallets – anything small that tends to find itself in a messy pile on the floor.
3. Use shower curtain rings on a hanger to keep baseball caps organized and on one place.
4. Use a letter sorter to store your flip flops. It keeps pairs together and allows you to see all of your sandals.
5. Hang your boots. It keeps them organized and prevents lines that are caused when the tops flop over.
6. Use garment organizers to separate your clothes into categories (seasons, occasions, type, whatever works for you).
7. Utilize floor space by adding shelves or cubbies.
8. Shelf dividers can keep anything in line!
9. Store your suitcases in the dead space above your closet door by using hooks.
10. If you have the space, a lazy susan in the corner of your closet will add space, make it easy to access a lot of different things, and make your closet the envy of all of your friends.
11. Use decorative boxes and label them.
This info-graphic from the Joyful Organizer is perfect to get you started on your closet organizing journey. Happy organizing!