Changing seasons bring about new wardrobes, and there is no time better to de-clutter your closet so that your favorite pieces can shine! Create more space in your closet by organizing and minimizing your clothing collection. There are two steps in a proper closet makeover, the clear-out and the organization. There are a few simple steps you can take to make the process easier.
- Sort through every piece in your closet and separate them into 3 piles:
- Keeper: Anything frequently worn and non-damaged.
- To Be Fixed: Anything damaged (stains, rips etc.) that you love enough to get repaired.
- Get Rid Of: Anything outdated, damaged beyond repair or not worth fixing, ill-fitting, or has not been worn over the past year.
- Unsure: Anything that you are not sure about put into this pile and set aside to try on a few more times, and try out paired with different items or saved for a later season’s wardrobe. https://www.brit.co
This step varies depending on the kind of space you are working with, however there are a few simple steps that can be used no matter the size of your closet.
- Hang all non-stretchy items. keep your clothes wrinkle-free and on display, hang them in organized sections using dividers to separate by clothing pieces, or outfit styles.
- Fold all stretchy or delicate items, especially sweaters, place on shelves or in baskets in sections based on the item or style.
- Buy new hangers, its a quick and easy way to give your closet a face-lift.
- Give all loose accessories like bags, scarves, and belts their own home in bins or or display on shelves.
- Get a small shoe rack to make the most out of your space.